The Virtual Conference has ended, but it’s not too late to access sessions on-demand! Please email email@example.com to learn more.
September 23 – October 28, 2020
Developing Action Plans and Themes for Real Cultural Change
Building a Culture of Preparedness- FAIR Foundation Virtual Conference Series was a six week virtual event to provide solutions on how stakeholders can unite to promote consumer education, resiliency through mitigation, improved disaster preparedness, closing the insurance protection gap, and developing action plans and strategies for meaningful progress and cultural change. Attendees and speakers include realtors, emergency managers, engineers, mitigation professionals, insurers and reinsurers, insurance agents, construction and technology companies, and local governments.
The virtual conference series featured over 80 speakers including:
- Deputy Director and SERT Cheif, Florida Division of Emergency Management, Kevin Gurthrie
- Curtis Brown, State Coordinator of Emergency Management, Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- Emmie Mediate, Chief of Staff, The American Flood Coalition
- Mayor Dean Trantalis, City of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Mayor Van R. Johnson, City of Savannah, GA
- Laura Lightbody, Flood Prepared Communities, Pew Charitable Trusts
- Matthew Eby, Founder and Exeuctive Director, First Street Foundation
- Rhonda Haag, Cheif Resilience Officer, Monroe County, FL
- Noerena Limon, SVP of Public Policy and Industry Relations, National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals
- Patty Templeton-Jones, President, Wright Flood
- David Maurstad, Senior Executive of the National Flood Insurance Program, FEMA
- And many more!