POSTPONED until Fall 2020- Check back for more details
2020 Industry Conference- Building a Culture of Preparedness
Developing Action Plans and Themes for Real Cultural Change
This two day event will provide solutions on how stakeholders can unite to promote consumer education, resiliency through mitigation, improved disaster preparedness, closing the insurance protection gap, and developing action plans and strategies for meaningful progress and cultural change. Attendees and speakers include realtors, emergency managers, engineers, mitigation professionals, insurers and reinsurers, insurance agents, construction and technology companies, and local governments.
Conference topics include the following:
- Realtors—The New Flood Insurance Experts?
- Property Owners, Insurers, Local, State, and/or Federal Government. Who Owns the Risk?
- Resiliency Through Mitigation
- NFIP Reauthorization & Reform
- Flood Mapping and Modeling – What changes are on the horizon?
- Private Flood Insurance: Then, Now, What’s to Come?
- Technology Trends: Reducing Risk Through Mitigation Technology and Lower Cost Drivers
- Emergency Management: Identifying and Serving At-Risk Populations
- Water Pollution: Impacts on Real Estate, Tourism, and Risk Management
- Benefit-Cost Analysis: Floodplain and Sea-level Rise Land Acquisition to Reduce Flood Damage
- The Human Nature Challenge: How People Deal with Low Probability High Impact Events