FAIR Foundation Virtual Conference Series- Building a Culture of Preparedness
Developing Action Plans and Themes for Real Cultural Change
The FAIR Foundation Virtual Conference Series is a seven week virtual event that will provide solutions on how stakeholders can unite to promote consumer education, resiliency through mitigation, improved disaster preparedness, closing the insurance protection gap, and developing action plans and strategies for meaningful progress and cultural change. Attendees and speakers include realtors, emergency managers, engineers, mitigation professionals, insurers and reinsurers, insurance agents, construction and technology companies, and local governments.
Universal Pass- $299: 7 week access to entire Virtual Conference Series.
One Day Subject Track Pass- $149: Limited 1 day access to one subject track.
Join us as a sponsor and gain direct access to our virtual conference attendees! Limited sponsorships are available.
Track 1: Emergency Management
September 23, 2020
- The Human Nature Challenge: How People Deal with Catastrophes, Dr. Howard Kunreuther, The Ostrich Paradox: Why We Underprepare for Disasters
- Identifying and Serving At-Risk Populations
September 24, 2020
- Evacuating and Sheltering During a Pandemic
- Bonus Panel: “Get Ready Broward!” Initiative. A proposal to closely coordinate local governments to better identify and service at-risk populations.
Track 2: Resiliency Public Policy
September 30, 2020
- Urban Resiliency—Panel of Big City Mayors discuss their efforts and challenges
- Resiliency Through Mitigation
October 1, 2020
- Flood Mapping and Modeling—What Changes are on the Horizon?
- Bonus Panel: Tools for Property Owners to Evaluate the Cost Benefit of Mitigation for Existing Structures
Track 3: Real Estate and Risk
October 7, 2020
- Realtors–The New Flood Insurance Experts? How do we increase flood insurance coverage?
- Water Pollution: Impacts on Real Estate, Tourism, and Risk Management
October 8, 2020
- Benefit-Cost Analysis: Floodplain and Sea Level Rise
- Bonus Panel: FAIR Certified Partner Program: Educating and empowering Realtor’s knowledge of flood insurance.
Track 4: Risk Management
October 14, 2020
- Who Owns the Risk?
- Technology Trends: Reducing Risk Through Mitigation Technology
October 15, 2020
- Claims Management: Use of Technology to Manage Claims and Spot Fraud
- Bonus Panel: Property Assessed Clean Energy option for funding mitigation and resiliency.
Track 5: Property and Flood Insurance
October 21, 2020
- NFIP Reauthorization and Reform
- Private Flood Insurance: Then, Now, What’s to Come?
October 22, 2020
- Concurrent Causation: Was it Flood or Was it Wind?
- Bonus Panel: Fireside Chat featuring David Maurstad, CEO, National Flood Insurance Program
Track 6: Litigation: First Party Property
October 28, 2020
- To sue or not to sue: When is litigation ripe?
- Decorum in Litigation: Fantasy or possibility?
October 29, 2020
- Financial interests: Putting your client’s interests first.
Check back for updated agenda information, or click here to join our mailing list.